Today, the retail environment is a tough, competitive business. According to the 2007 Economic Census, there were 1,122,703 retail establishments in the United States and a total of 14.2 billion square feet of retail space. Retail is at the core of America’s economy. An estimated two-thirds of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) comes from retail consumption; The U.S. Commerce Department reports that the total retail sales in 2011 were $4.7 trillion.
As a full-service accounting and business consulting firm with an emphasis in retail, Janover helps your business behind the scenes when it comes to the typical missteps that companies dealing with the public undergo. We often relieve our clients of most of the burden of the day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting work and furnish them timely and accurate statements and reports to assist them in making business decisions, allowing them to do what they do best, merchandise and sell.
Franchising is a sector of the retail and business-to-business environment that poses its own sets of issues and challenges. Maintaining profitability, leveraging the assets, brand and services of the franchisor, and priming for multi-unit growth are just a few.
Retail and Franchising Services
Janover offers a full array of Retail and Franchising services to help maximize the profitability of your business and provide and interpret financial information for our clients.
- Income tax planning and return preparation
- Inventory scheduling
- Industry benchmark reporting
- Sales tax preparation
- Set up internal controls to help prevent theft
- Assistance in analyzing financial statements
- Improving and streamlining your inventory control
- Capital sourcing
- Assistance in the preparation of the offering document
- Audits for the entity
- Employee benefits management
- Determining the financial terms of your franchise relationship
- Review of your existing systems, procedures and controls
- Determining a typical franchisee’s investment to get started and a realistic return on investment
- Quality control and compliance
- On-going franchise implementation, consulting and assistance
- Assistance with non-compete, non-solicitation and confidentiality issues
- Analyzing and ascertaining the financial strength of the franchisor
- Determining whether or not royalty and advertising fees are reasonable
- Picking a franchise system that is best suited to prospective franchisee’s investment resources and goals
- Monitoring compliance with franchise agreement
- Preparation and monitoring of tax returns and payments