Effective January 1, 2019, there have been several increases to minimum wages. It’s important that you are paying your employees the correct rates. Please contact your Janover advisor if you have questions.
* * *
As a result of the federal minimum wage remaining stagnant since 2009, states and localities are taking matters into their own hands and increasing the minimum wage. In these cases, the higher rate prevails.
- In New York City, large companies, defined as those with 11 or more employees, the minimum wage is now $15.00 per hour
- In New York City, small companies, defined as those with under 11 employees, the minimum wage is now $13.50 per hour
- For Long Island and Westchester County, the minimum wage is now $12.00 per hour
- For the rest of New York State, the minimum wage is now $11.10 per hour
- For New Jersey, the minimum wage is now $8.85 per hour
- For Connecticut, the minimum wage remains the same at $10.10 per hour
Please click through the links below for changes in the Minimum Wage for Tipped Workers: