Janover LLC is looking for an experienced, well-rounded accountant for the NYC Office.
The Senior Accountant will be handling work for a diverse group of clients including, but not limited to, real estate, manufacturing, construction, entertainment, technology, high net worth individuals, and financial services.
The person in this role will be responsible for preparing tax returns and financial statements. They will make journal entries and adjustments based on client books and records. The Senior accountant will also
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
- Assist with quarterly producer commission reports; analyzing and correcting discrepancies
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Other projects as assigned
This person may work independently or with a team. They may be responsible for assigning work to, and overseeing the work of lower level accountants. Most work is done in the office but work at client sites is sometime required. They may have direct contact with clients or through Managers and Partners. A senior accountant is expected to attain a minimum of 1850 billable hours per year.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, show resourcefulness and initiative and be commited to producing high quality work. He or she will also have strong communication skills, the ability to establish work priorities and complete work timely. They will work well both independently and with a team of other professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting. CPA Eligible.
- Candidate with CPA license is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and audit principles, and the ability to apply them.
- Ability to prepare write-ups
- Experience in preparing financial statements
- Experience in preparing tax returns: individuals, corporations, trusts
- Experience with following software preferred: MS Excel, ProSystemsfx Tax and ProSystemsfx Engagement, QuickBooks
If this sounds like something that suits your needs, please forward a cover letter & resume outlining your capabilities to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also download, complete and send an employment application (PDF) as well.