Full-time position available for May 2017 Graduates, start date around November 2017.
A Staff Accountant has a degree in accounting and may or may not have prior work experience in accounting. He/she is familiar with basic accounting and auditing concepts, but may not know the exact procedures to be followed. The Staff Accountant works under the direction of the Seniors and Semi-Seniors. The Staff Accountant is to develop an understanding of audit techniques, work papers, and engagement. They are to learn and comply with Janover programs, procedures, and infrastructures. They are to start to develop the ability to research GAAP problems. The Staff Accountant doesn’t typically deal with client personnel. The Staff Accountant is expected to work a minimum of 1850 billable hours per year.
A Staff Accountant should be proficient in the following areas:
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues and partners in the office
- Take responsibility and ownership of professional development
- Take an active interest in learning
- Proactively solicit formal and informal feedback on developmental opportunities
- Research questions and issues; ask questions as necessary
- Proactively seek out work when needed
- Be responsible, accountable for and communicate efficiently regarding scheduling of client assignments – items to be assigned, changes to be made, etc. Communicate with Scheduler as necessary
- Understand the importance of entering time daily, and its impact on profitability
- Complete the CPA exam timely
- Ensure personal compliance with CPE requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to develop relationships with clients and client personnel
- Demonstrate a commitment to high quality service and professional excellence
- Prepare tax returns and financial statements as directed
- Seek appropriate training and guidance on new areas or areas for development
If your Career path is Tax:
- You should develop a complete understanding of the tax programs.
- Book/tax differences
- Prepare simpler tax returns
- Start to develop the ability to research tax problems
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Individuals must have 150 credit hours upon graduation and intention to pursue CPA license
If this sounds like something that suits your needs, please forward a cover letter & resume outlining your capabilities to email@example.com. You can also download, complete and send an employment application (PDF) as well.