Studies have calculated that there are 5.5 million family owned businesses in America that contribute $8.3 trillion to the U.S. economy. These businesses employ 63 % of our people in the workforce and are responsible for 78 % of all new jobs. Some of the world’s largest corporations are family run businesses. Regardless of size, family businesses are the engines driving the American economy and ultimately strengthen our country.
Just as family businesses are the foundations of America, they are also the backbone of Janover. We grasp the complexities that are often faced inside a family business such as psychological and monetary issues. That’s why family businesses rely on Janover as their trusted advisors for input and guidance as they build their enterprises. We excel at providing expert financial advice as to the growth and profitability of family businesses-helping family members move beyond any differences to focus on the common goals they share.
Our family business services include the following, but are not limited to:
- Estate planning and wealth preservation
- Optimization of family tax issues
- Forming and advising family limited partnerships
- Succession planning and the transferring of ownership
- Brokering the sale of the business
- Performing due diligence related to mergers and acquisitions
- Creating compensation strategies
- Establishing and reviewing pension, profit-sharing, 401(k) and other retirement plans
- Sales and use, rent and payroll tax compliance