Employment Tax Consulting
Payroll is a big enough expense without adding costly non-compliance tax penalties to the mix.
Your business must follow all applicable employment tax laws. Yet, without expert guidance to help you understand requirements and meet filing deadlines, it is easy to find yourself out of compliance and at risk. Janover can perform a comprehensive employment tax compliance review to analyze a full range of issues related to your employment taxes and payroll. Our goal is to prevent non-compliance and associated penalties by preparing accurate returns and filing them on time. If you are out of compliance, we will communicate efficiently and effectively with tax authorities, guide you through any audits and work to secure penalty abatements whenever possible.
In certain situations, individuals deemed “responsible persons” can be held personally liable if employment taxes are not properly paid by the business entity. Given this very real possibility, we understand that employment tax compliance requires particularly careful attention and up to date knowledge. Our experienced and dedicated team will work diligently to protect both you and your business.
Janover can help with:
- Fulfilling different state requirements and taking advantage of reciprocal agreements between states
- Understanding how federal tax law changes impact state payroll states
- Employee vs. independent contractor classifications
- Workers’ compensation and health insurance issues
- Planning and structuring related to qualified and non-qualified retirement/pension plans and stock options
- Mobile employee issues
- De minimus exemptions
- Training on payroll best practices
- Outsourced payroll services
Any business owner or manager knows that personnel issues can sometimes be challenging. Janover knows that employment tax issues don’t have to be.
We leverage technology to help simplify and automate the tax document sharing and storage process for our clients. See our Client Technology Resource Center for information about gathering and sending important documents to your tax professional, reviewing and signing tax returns, downloading tax documents for your records and more.