Global business operations and investments bring tremendous financial opportunities, but also tremendous responsibilities.
More and more businesses and individuals are engaging in cross border ventures and investments and being confronted with complex international taxation issues at home and abroad. Whether you have financial interests overseas or are expanding a foreign-based business operation into the U.S., a knowledgeable and experienced international taxation specialist can help you maximize earnings, minimize tax liability and navigate through unfamiliar and often confusing international tax law.
With international operations and assets now the focus of increasingly rigorous IRS and Treasury Department scrutiny, the support of an experienced specialist is more critical than ever. If income related to cross border businesses or investments is not disclosed accurately or returns are not filed properly, taxpayers can be subject to significant civil or criminal penalties. Our team is fully versed in all aspects of U.S. taxation of international business operations and can offer guidance designed to keep you in full compliance with applicable laws and disclosure requirements.
We can assist you with:
- Choice of business entity and trade flow structure
- Decisions about the most financially favorable countries for expansion
- Avoiding costly “double taxation” when paying taxes in the U.S. and overseas
- Utilizing dollar for dollar tax credits for maximum tax savings
- Business structuring, U.S. reporting/compliance and remittances to parent companies for foreign-based companies entering the U.S. market
- Handling tax controversy issues and audits
No matter where you expand your personal or professional global reach, Janover will keep you focused on the opportunities while we focus on the responsibilities.
We leverage technology to help simplify and automate the tax document sharing and storage process for our clients. See our Client Technology Resource Center for information about gathering and sending important documents to your tax professional, reviewing and signing tax returns, downloading tax documents for your records and more.
- Janover Named a 2023 NYC Top Workplace
- New York State 2023-2024 Budget – Tax Updates
- IRS Releases Proposed Regulations for IRA’s Clean Vehicle Credit