Global business operations and investments bring tremendous financial opportunities, but also tremendous responsibilities.
More and more businesses and individuals are engaging in cross border ventures and investments and being confronted with complex international taxation issues at home and abroad. Whether you have financial interests overseas or are expanding a foreign-based business operation into the U.S., a knowledgeable and experienced international taxation specialist can help you maximize earnings, minimize tax liability and navigate through unfamiliar and often confusing international tax law.
With international operations and assets now the focus of increasingly rigorous IRS and Treasury Department scrutiny, the support of an experienced specialist is more critical than ever. If income related to cross border businesses or investments is not disclosed accurately or returns are not filed properly, taxpayers can be subject to significant civil or criminal penalties. Our team is fully versed in all aspects of U.S. taxation of international business operations and can offer guidance designed to keep you in full compliance with applicable laws and disclosure requirements.
Janover is also a member of INAA, an international association of independent accounting firms that assists businesses with cross border issues, so we draw on a wide global network of experts as needed.
We can also assist you with:
- Choice of business entity and trade flow structure
- Decisions about the most financially favorable countries for expansion
- Avoiding costly “double taxation” when paying taxes in the U.S. and overseas
- Utilizing dollar for dollar tax credits for maximum tax savings
- Business structuring, U.S. reporting/compliance and remittances to parent companies for foreign-based companies entering the U.S. market
- Handling tax controversy issues and audits
No matter where you expand your personal or professional global reach, Janover will keep you focused on the opportunities while we focus on the responsibilities.