Real Estate Workout Group
Whether our team is representing creditors or debtors, working with distressed businesses and loans requires an active and practical approach. The Real Estate Workout Group at Janover is made up of a wide range of accounting, tax and advisory professionals who provide a complete representation in all aspects of a real estate workout.
With the immense volatility in today’s credit markets, it is vital to have experienced advisors to deal effectively with both the possibility and reality of non-performing real property loans and troubled real estate borrowers. Our team of specialists have experience working through those complex issues, and can bring a wide variety of flexible and creative workout strategies to best fit our client’s circumstances.
Janover offers a full range of strategic, analytic and negotiation services to both the borrower and lender, in order to provide creative solutions that unite and benefit all parties.
Creative solutions and services:
- Help manage and coordinate the workout process from start to finish
- Act as a liaison for our client
- Strategic planning and initial evaluation of resolution strategies
- Assist in negotiations between our client and the lender/borrower
- Tax planning and analysis to ensure tax efficiency
- Projections, forecasting and financial analysis
- Loan extension and modification based on current market realities
- Leverage our extensive network of attorneys and other professionals to assist in the process
Real estate workouts are often a complex process, but one of the most proven ways of avoiding further issues in the long term. Even in these challenging times in the credit and real estate markets, Janover’s experience, specialists, and industry relationships allow the team to structure creative solutions that serve the interest of all parties.
The outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) has caused mass changes and upheaval across the globe, creating challenges for all in the real estate industry. With hotels and retail properties closed or hardly operational, tenants are not paying rent (and in many regions are protected from eviction) resulting in an unprecedented strain on borrowers. Landlords on the other hand must still continue to meet their debt service payments and other obligations. Janover is here to bring a team together to help our clients create flexible and creative capital solutions, even in these troubling times. We are here to help.
- Treasury’s 2024 Green Book Includes Several New Estate Planning Related Updates
- New York Secure Choice Savings Program Enrollment Coming this Year
- How Did the Inflation Rate Hit a 30-year High, and How Can Businesses Cope?