Tax Time, Simplified
Janover leverages TaxCaddy to make gathering tax documents and sharing them with your tax professional a breeze. Store your 1099s, 1098s and W-2s in TaxCaddy’s bank-vault secure platform by uploading them directly from your device or allowing TaxCaddy to automatically retrieve your documents for you. Collaboration with your Janover tax team is now easier than ever.
For Existing Users
For New Users
How TaxCaddy Works
Your TaxCaddy account is yours to keep, forever. You decide who to share your information with. TaxCaddy’s technology ensures data security through encrypted communications, threat management and mitigation practices.
Use With Any Device
TaxCaddy enables you to share, collaborate and communicate with your Janover tax professional from anywhere, on any device: PC, Mac, tablet, and mobile for both iPhone and Android.
Take a Photo
Use the TaxCaddy app for iPhone and Android to photograph and upload documents as you receive them. Categorize them on the spot then shred the paper. Browse your PC, Mac, tablet, mobile phone, Google Drive and Dropbox to upload PDF files, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents and more.
Automated Document Retrieval
TaxCaddy can be linked to over 300 banks, brokerages and payroll service providers to automatically fetch documents like W-2, 1099s and 1098s. Using this optional feature, TaxCaddy retrieves your documents for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
To get started, you will receive a TaxCaddy email invitation. There will be 3 simple steps to follow:
- Click the “Sign Up Free” button from the email. Create your password and choose your security questions to get started.
- When you log in to TaxCaddy, you will see your tax professional’s connection request. Accept the request to communicate with your tax professional and upload your documents.
- If you choose to, you can add your spouse or financial advisor as an additional user.
Note: The email you use is specific to your individual account and can only be used once.
Yes. You can download and install the TaxCaddy mobile app via your mobile app store. The TaxCaddy app is iOS and Android friendly.
TaxCaddy has been independently audited, tested, and validated by C-Level Security, LLC. The C-Level Certified Seal verifies that TaxCaddy employs the strictest security steps for safeguarding your data. In addition, TaxCaddy uses Amazon Web Services for secure, reliable storage. Your documents are encrypted in transit and at rest using Amazon’s best-in-class Secure Socket Layer and Server Side Encryption technologies.
Your tax professional will initiate a connection request to communicate with you and gain access to the tax documents in your TaxCaddy account. You can only be connected to a single tax firm or professional. Once you accept their connection request, they will be able to:
- Send you messages and requests through TaxCaddy
- See documents uploaded to TaxCaddy by you or an additional user
- See documents retrieved from financial institutions you authorize
- Upload documents to your TaxCaddy account
You can upload documents several ways:
- Taxcaddy.com upload feature
- Through your smartphone or tablet by simply taking a picture. With this feature, you must have an internet connection.
If you have any issues or need help accessing documents, please contact your tax professional. You can communicate with them through the platform or email.
We are currently only working with individual tax returns. The questions asked on the platform and from your tax professional are all specific to individual tax returns.
While TaxCaddy offers this feature, Janover uses SafeSend Returns for secure delivery of your tax return. Since TaxCaddy is integrated with SafeSend Returns, once you sign your e-file authorization forms, a copy of your tax return will automatically be added to your TaxCaddy account.
- Live chat with TaxCaddy Support (During Support Hours)
- Submit a ticket from TaxCaddy
- Submit a ticket from Help Center
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- See TaxCaddy Knowledge Base
Support hours are from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. The typical turnaround time for support tickets is 24 hours. Note: TaxCaddy is unable to provide phone support.
Solid, Safe & Secure
TaxCaddy ensures data security through best-in-class encrypted communications, threat management and mitigation practices, independently audited, test and validated by C-Level Security.
For Existing Users
For New Users